Sunday, September 21, 2008

Carson is ONE!



Well on September 18 Carson Daryl Jenkins turned one! He is growing up too fast. I can't believe it's been a year already. On his birthday we opened his presents and had a nice dinner. My mom and little sister had come up for it and stayed the night! It was fun to hang out with them, it's been a while since they were here in Hyrum. Saturday we had another party! Tod's parents came and so did his little brother, Tyler, and older brother, Ray and Joanna and little baby Tia! We had pizza and cake and ice cream! Jill, of course, made the cakes! Carson had his one little cake to destroy! And destroy it, he did! He made the biggest mess ever. I loved it! Then he had to take a bath, of course! He got some fun toys and loves to play with them, although Payton thinks they are his! Not much else has happened lately... Oh yeah, Payton peed on the potty for the first time! I made a big deal of it and he got a little embarrassed. He still isn't potty trained and he still resists putting on underwear, but at least it's a step in the right direction! If anyone has any tips on ways to encourage him, let me know your thoughts! I need all the help I can get. He always just wants to put on a diaper. He throws a fit if I say, "Let's go peepy on the potty and wear big boy underwear!" Well give me your input!


Payton riding his hummer! He's getting better at steering and he can
finally push the gas and change gears!Opening presents from Mom and Dad!
Wearing some of his new clothes and shoes from Mom and Dad! Looking all too grown up!Playing his new piano toy from Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins.Payton and Carson playing with Carson's new toy! Carson also uses it to push and walk.Smile my cute little boy!Yummy Cake! Can I eat you?Yes you can eat it...Getting a little messy now...Really messy now! Time for a bath...

7 comments:

Laura said...

I love the cake pictures. Those are too fun!!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe that Carson is already one! Kids grow up to darn fast. You guys are so cute, and thanks for the fun posts on my blog!

Adam and Rachel said...

He is the cutest little 1 year old!!!

Jullie said...

Hey Emily, what a fun birthday. I can't wait till Camilla turns one! I live in Thayne, across the street from where I grew up if you know where that was or you might remember Derek Campbell? We bought his old house. We love living in SV and living so close to my family!

Francis Family said...

Emily! I don't know if you remember me. I found your blog and was so excited! You have such a cute family! Our blog is francisfamily05.blogspot.com if you want to check my family out. Good to see you again!
Kylie

Francis Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad you remember me! We go way back girl.:) I can't believe that you have 3 kids already! They are so adorable!! Jonathan and I have been married for 3 years now and we live in Maryland. The east coast is way fun! Jonathan works for JP Morgan Chase. Which is one of the world's most prestigious investment banks in the world! Our son is going to be 18 months pretty soon. Getting so big! How are you and your family? Gosh it has been a very long time!!! What are you up to these days? I can't wait to hear back from you! love ya!!

Hepworth Family said...

Your little boys are so adorable! It looks like Carson has a wonderful first birthday!