Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's reading my blog! Today has been a great day for me! Relief Society was so good today, we learned about Emma Smith. She was such a great woman! The teacher had me read a page as if I were Emma, talking about when she was pregnant with her first child, then he only lived about three hours. Then when she got pregant again with twins, a boy and a girl, and they too died, only living about three hours. I was holding Carson while I read this aloud, he played with the microphone, but the spirit touched me and I started to cry a little bit. I can't imagine the faith that she must have had, after loosing three children, and eventually loosing 6, to be so strong and know that she would see them again after this life. And after all this her husband gets martered while she is expecting another child. She was a stronger woman and mother than I. I am so thankful to be a mom and for my children!
Anyway, after church Tod grilled Kabobs!! Yummy with chicken wrapped in bacon, pineapple, green bell pepper, and onions! They were so tasty!! And I didn't even have to do the dishes!! Got to love him! Happy Mother's Day to all!!
1 comment:
I am glad that you had such a good day. Mike totally forgot it all. Didn't say one word on Sunday, and today, he saw some pansies sitting on the counter and asked why I bought more flowers. Then uttered to himself...oh yeah, it was mother's day yesterday. (I had gotten then at church) He did clean the living room and do some dishes though today. I am trying not to be sad about zero recognition from him, oh well.
Post a Comment